Saturday, October 27, 2007

Super(wo)man lives!

I had dinner last night with a friend of mine who introduced me to something new you can do in a cab: a quick change. She said to me "I did a superman in a cab today." I thought that meant she tripped and fell face first into the cab. Nope, it means changing your clothing while cabbing to your destination. I had never heard of such a thing.

You have to love NYC for these random acts of craziness. Would you ever, in any other city, consider undressing in front of a complete stranger in a moving vehicle? I personally think this is a fantastic idea to keep in your back pocket for the next time you need a good dare for someone.

My friend reasoned that it was dark and rainy, the driver was engrossed in his phone conversation (scary, I know), and she needed to get out of her suit and into something more comfortable quickly. You may be saying to yourself, "why didn't she just go to a Starbucks restroom to change - they're are plenty of those around." Now what fun would that be? Just goes to show you that NYC adds some flair to even the most mundane activities.

No comments: