Saturday, October 27, 2007

You find it when you're not looking...

a parking space in New York that is. I am amazed by how many times I can drive around for 20 minutes looking for a space, find one, literally one, that is 12 blocks from my apartment, and as I approach my building free spots multiply before my eyes. It's really incredible, and unexplainable.

I've also found this statement to be true recently for bicycle riders. I know that they are being better environmentalists than I by riding a bike instead of an SUV. I get that. I'm jealous of then. I'd love to pitch my car. However, why do they think riding a bike exempts them from every traffic law we have? They go the wrong direction, cut you off, run red lights, disobey stop signs, and the list goes on. I just don't get it...how do they justify that behavior and then get angry at motorists? I'm longing for the day when those police officers that lurk around my neighbordhood give a ticket to a bicyclist or a cab who thinks they're above the traffic laws.

No comments: