Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Meet Mac

My new love - my Mac. After months of trying to justify the cost of a new laptop, even though my current laptop works just fine (most of the time), I took the plunge. I'd done my research, I'd attended some workshops, and finally made an evening appointment with the Mac concierge service. They were waiting for me when I arrived and I was out of there in 15 minutes with my new Mac in hand, plus a free printer / scanner / fax/ personal assistant to make me breakfast in bed. 

Their reputation for excellent service is well-deserved. Paul, my Apple guy, was friendly, funny, and best of all, honest. I happily wrote him a note and one for his boss on his behalf as soon as I arrived home. It was the best retail experience I've ever had - and I am a very tough sell when it comes to service. In just minutes I was up and running. 

It is amazing what I can now do with photos, my music, personal websites. Even powerpoint presentations are a joy to build. This is the ultimate toy. And it's so intuitive that I find myself having to unlearn all of the work-arounds I've had to learn over the years to operate a PC. I almost have to be re-trained to think naturally about how a machine operates.  

My Mac is also affording me the opportunity to learn design skills and expand my creativity to movie making and original music. I could go on and on, but I really need to get back to Mac. He's got a lot to teach me. 

No comments: