Monday, August 24, 2009

The Journal of Cultural Conversation: Titanic: The Exhibition

Happy Monday, all. My latest post is up at TJCC. On Saturday I visited Titanic: The Exhibition, now on view at the Discovery Times Center on 44th Street. The exhibit tells the story of the Titanic through items salvaged from the wreckage, eye-witness accounts, and scientific exploration. I found it to be equal parts fascinating and terrifying. Around every corner I was surprised by some new fact I never knew.

For the full article and to check out all of the other great conversations happening over at TJCC, please click here.


Global Samba said...

Love this article! Cant wait to go check it out myself when I am in NY. Interesting facts I never knew! When I was reading it i was picturing the movie in my head...funny how hollywood does that to you :)

Christa said...

Hi Global Samba! I agree. I had the movie in my head the entire time that I was in the exhbit. Laura pointed out to me that while the bizz of the movie was all Kate and Leo, there is actually a lot of historical info baked into the screenplay. When are you coming to NYC? Would love to meet up!