Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Year of Hopefulness - Trying to get up that great big hill of hope

For a few weeks I've been going about my little routine called life. In one particular area, which shall remain nameless, I have been a little stuck. I was just going with the flow, or rather I was letting the waters stagnate. Sort of strolling along with my Bruce Hornsby attitude, telling myself "that's just the way it is." Truthfully, that's the way it was because I let it be.

Fighting a battle, particularly one that's uphill, is a tough activity to sign-up for. It's exhausting. It's painful. It's frustrating. And a lot of times it doesn't do any good at all. However, if we spend a lot of time on that battleground and we continually choose to stand at ease, then we get left behind, cleaning up what remains, which often isn't a whole heck of a lot.

Today I decided I had stood around long enough. Yes, this is the way it is but it doesn't have to be always be like this. And no one is going to fix it for me. Why should they? They have their own battles to worry about. I signed up for the gig, I took on the mission, and now I had to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

So away I went, crafting and planning and convincing that I could clearly perceive a better way forward, and am willing to put my time, energy, and talents into the new venture. I have no idea if it's going to go anywhere. Tomorrow I could find myself still frittering away at the bottom of the hill. I do know that if I stand around twiddling my thumbs any longer, I'll be at the bottom of that hill for a long time to come, and I'd have no one to blame for that except me. Might as well plant my stake in the ground and see who I can get to rally around it.

The image above can be found here.

1 comment:

runner52 said...

Best wishes for a successful climb to the top of your mountain